WASH BY HAND
The best way to wash your underwear is to wash it by hand by filling a basin with warm water (no hotter than 30°C) and mixing in an adequate amount of detergent.
Be sure to use a detergent that is appropriate for delicates and mix it in thoroughly and let it dilute well into the water before submerging your lingerie into it. This helps to prevent any discolouration. Let the lingerie soak in the basin of water for 5 to 10 minutes and then rub gently.
WASH BRAS ON A COLD WASHING MACHINE CYCLE
• Use a low temperature washing cycle (no hotter than 40° max). The hot water can damage your lingerie and increase the risk of the fabric shrinking, so be careful to use a cold wash cycle.
• Do not overload your washing machine with heavy clothing that can damage your lingerie during the wash.
• We recommend washing your lingerie inside-out.
• Separate your white, black and coloured garments to avoid colour transfer during the wash.
• Avoid using fabric softener as it can damage the elasticity of the fabrics.
• Never use chlorine or bleach hen washing your lingerie.
• Use a mild washing detergent.
• Do not dry clean.
Close the clasp
Playtex advises that you close your bra clasp before machine washing your lingerie to prevent it from getting attached to other clothes or the washing machine drum during the cycle.
Use a washing bag
To best protect your lingerie during the cycle, Playtex recommends that you use a protective washing bag to separate your lingerie from the rest of your laundry. This helps prevent the lace on the bra from fraying or becoming damaged by your other items of clothing during the cycle.